SDG Action Weekend side-event 16 September 2023: Multi-stakeholder platforms enhance the sustainability transformation for Agenda2030: Cases from local to global
The Government of Finland, UN Global Compact Indonesia, UN Global Compact Finland and Global Forum for National SDG Advisory Bodies are co-organising a side-event focusing on the role of multi-stakeholder platforms in advancing the implementation of Agenda2030 on 16 September 2023 at 12.15-13.45 at the UN Headquarters, as part of the SDG Action Weekend.
Active multi-stakeholder platforms and networks for sustainable development work in different contexts, with various histories and futures. Some have existed for long, like Finland´s Commission for Sustainable Development with a 30-year history, while others are in their early years or just being developed, like the Global Forum.
This side-event focuses on sharing experiences and lessons learned as well as discussing future steps to enhance the sustainability transformation in societies. The questions are set two-directionally: first, how the sustainability work of the platforms’ members benefits from being part of such networks; and second, how the sustainability transformation can be speeded up through multi-stakeholder collaboration in a just manner.
The panellists include members of global, European and national multi-stakeholder platforms, business platforms and civil society.
Kindly note that all participants must register for the SDG Action Weekend through the UN system by 8 September 2023.
Event information on the SDG Action Weekend website
For additional information regarding the side-event, please contact taru.savolainen(at)gov.fi
- Moderator: Eeva Furman, Secretary General, Finnish National Commission for Sustainable Development
Keynote speech: What are the most important sustainability questions where multi-stakeholder platforms can have a major role to play, and what are the leverage points for maximizing impact
- Professor Lassi Linnanen, Chair of Finland’s Expert Panel on Sustainable Development
Panel discussion: Practical experiences and challenges to gain impact through multi-stakeholder platforms
- Rilli Lappalainen, President of CONCORD, the European Confederation of NGOs working on sustainable development and international cooperation
- Josephine Satyono, Executive Director, UN Global Compact Network Indonesia
- Anna Korpivaara, Customer Experience Director, MedGroup and Deputy Chair of Board, UN Global Compact Network Finland
- Florence Syevuo, SDGs Kenya Forum
- Veronica Tomei, Head of Division for United Nations
Discussion with the participants
- Eeva Furman, Secretary General, Finnish National Commission for Sustainable Developmen