Resource-wise economy and carbon-neutral society
The objectives of a resource-wise economy and carbon-neutral society are founded on the growth in global consumption and the pressure this causes to the carrying capacity of our planet. Production and consumption must be cleaner and more responsible, as well as more efficient.
In line with the Society’s Commitment to Sustainable Development, our aim is a carbon-neutral society. Key means to reach the objectives include higher energy efficiency, increasing the share of renewable forms of energy in a sustainable way, production and export of climate-friendly products and services, and development of the low-emission sectors of the economy. To promote a resource-wise economy we will increase resource and material efficiency, a circular economy, business models that multiply the productivity of natural resources, investments and experiments in all sectors.
Indicators chosen by the network of experts
- Greenhouse gas emissions and removals
- Growing stock increment and drain
- Share of renewable energy in energy use
- Tekes (Finnish Funding Agency for Technology and Innovation) funding for resource efficient and carbon neutral solutions
- Natural resource/raw material consumption, breakdown